August 2-4 9am-4pm at Hendrix College in Conway, AR
Registration is free and available at bit.ly/23SAConference
The Sexual Assault Hospital Conference is intended for physicians and nursing professionals who respond to cases of acute sexual assault of pediatric or adult patients in the hospital or acute care setting and for hospital administration. Presentations will be provided by medical, forensic science, law enforcement, child welfare, and advocacy professionals. This three-day hybrid conference prepares healthcare responders to utilize the Arkansas statewide protocol for sexual assault response. CEUs will be offered for this conference, and the exact number is currently under review.
Topics covered include:
- Statewide acute sexual assault response guidelines compiled by AR Department of Health and the Commission on Child Abuse, Rape and Domestic Violence
- Components of sexual assault exams for adult and pediatric patients
- Sexual assault evidence collection and statewide sexual assault evidence kit tracking system
- Overview of Arkansas laws pertaining to sexual assault
- Understanding the experiences of survivors of sexual assault
- Neurobiology of Trauma
- Issues in health equity for marginalized groups
A hotel block is available at the Fairfield Inn & Suites at 2260 Sanders Road in Conway. Booking for the room block is available here.
For any questions, please contact Sam Siegel at email@example.com